Dear JES Parents and Caregivers,
We continue to be Covid free within our JES school community. We are pleased that our mitigation efforts seem to be working. Unfortunately, we are seeing an increase in students being sent home from school sick, especially the first day after the weekend. On Monday, October 4th we sent home 7 students will symptoms of illness. On Tuesday, October 12th we sent home 6 children.
- Please keep your child at home if they have any symptoms of illness such as a Fever (100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher), Cough, Shortness of Breath, Sore Throat, Runny Nose, Loss of Taste or Smell, Nausea, vomiting, Diarrhea, Fatigue, Muscle Aches, Headache.
- f your child shows one or more of COVID-19 symptoms listed above at school, you will be called to come pick up your child as soon as possible.
- Please make sure that your emergency contact information is up-to-date.
- It is expected that your child will be picked up in a timely manner, so please have a plan in place.
- If your child has signs of illness, we advise you to obtain a COVID PCR test and/or consult medical home (doctor, nurse practitioner etc.) regardless of vaccine status.
Covid Testing Update
- Unfortunately surveillance tests collected last Monday, 10/4, could not be processed due to an issue at the lab. We will resume testing next Monday 10/17.
- Testing locations have now been added in Johnson and Morrisville. See: https://www.
healthvermont.gov/covid-19/ testing/where-get-tested for more information
- You may walk into these locations without an appointment.
For more information see: https://luhs.lnsd.org/
Please read this Letter from LNSD Covid-19 Safety Coordinator, Flo Kelly.